Monday, February 25, 2008

dietary changes

The company that we are paying $2000 for help with the enuresis problem hasn't mentioned any dietary changes yet, but one helpful mom, Charlene, has shared with me some information on this subject that she gleaned from a bedwetting book. The book is called Getting to Dry and their website is http://www.tryfordry.com/

This is a medically based organization, and they do recommend medications, which if you've read my previous posts you know that I'm opposed to. The thing that interested me about what Charlene is trying is that I whole-heartedly approve of the diet recommendations. I don't know how far these will go toward helping everyone because this is mostly the way we have eaten for our kids' entire lives. But these recommendations can only be good for our lives in more respects than just helping with dry beds!

Here's what Charlene had to say:
they suggest re-introduce foods one at a time to see if any have an impact. Foods to avoid are as follows: anything carbonated, anything with caffiene, artificail colors, citric acid/vitamin C, citrus fruits and melons, dairy (after noon hour, including milk cheese--even pizza, ice cream), sugary foods and candy. We don't eat alot of "junk" in our family so the biggest issue for us will be the fact that my daughter is a "milk maid" and controlling the "outside sugary foods" I will let you know in 2 weeks if I see an impact or not.

I don't know about you, but I look forward to hearing from Charlene soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
Look advanced to more added agreeable from you!
By the way, how could we communicate?

http://nutritionpracticeadvisors.com/hello-world/

Feel free to visit my web-site :: how to loss weight